GET TO KNOW YOUR
PARENT TEACHER COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION (PTCO)
Our Mission: To assist in
attaining the highest level of education and welfare for the entire student
body of Falcon Creek Middle School through the cooperative efforts of the
Faculty and Staff, the Cherry Creek District community and our families.
What is the PTCO?
The Falcon Creek Middle School Parent-Teacher-Community Organization (FCMS PTCO) is you. All parents, students, staff and faculty, and everyone else in our community are members of the FCMS PTCO. The FCMS PTCO is supported through the work of volunteers and donations from individuals and businesses that are committed to bringing together a strong community in support of our mission.
What does the FCMS PTCO do?
- Promotes community outreach and inclusiveness, parent-teacher-community communication, volunteerism and ensures a high-quality middle school educational experience
- Hosts Spirit Nights at local restaurants and other venues
- Sponsors the school store
- Offers fundraising activities to support the school such as this year's COLOR RUN and Snap Booster receipt program
- Provides grants to teachers for classroom items and programs annually
- Supports supplemental enrichment programs used across all grade levels
- Holds Teacher Appreciation activities throughout the year
- Communicates relevant and timely information throughout the community
- Organizes volunteer efforts in support of FCMS
How do I get on the email list?
The FCMS PTCO uses email to communicate with our community throughout the year. To receive these important email updates, families must opt in during the registration process. We encourage all families to choose YES (opt in) at the Household Info tab, ensuring that they’ll receive both school announcements and PTCO information. If you missed your opportunity to opt in during registration, please send an email to PTOfcms@gmail.com along with your name to be added to the mailing list.
How do I get involved?
FCMS PTCO offers many levels of volunteering – anything from bringing in an item to donate for a school dance or teacher meal during conferences to volunteering in the library to holding an office on the Board. Watch the Falcon Express for Sign Up Genius links to help out.
Ready for a bit more? PTCO offers many volunteer opportunities to fit your busy schedule.
- Day time opportunities: Library help during lunch times, School Store during lunch times, volunteer to support a club or sport group, Student Government Liaison, PIN Representative.
- Whenever opportunities: Website Manager, School Store & Spirit Wear Coordinator, plus most of the PTCO offices on the front have room for a co-chair in-training. For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Molly Yi, at PTOFCMS@gmail.com.
PTCO GENERAL MEETINGS
|Thursday, September 14, 2017||10:00am|
|Thursday, November 16, 2017||10:00am|
|Thursday, January 11, 2018||10:00am|
|Thursday, March 8, 2018||2:30pm|
|Thursday, May 10, 2018 |
PTCO Board Members
|1st Vice President||Kelly Job|
|2nd Vice President||Lovelin Perez |
|Faculty Liaison Vice President||Lissa Staal|
PTCO Chairs & Coordinators
|Spirit Nights||Dana Suziedelis|
Winterhalter & Linda Ozuna|
|Volunteer Coordinators||Molly Yi|
|Website||Dan and Steph Wilson|
|School Store/Spirit Wear||Molly Yi|
How Does FCMS PTCO Communicate?
FCMS PTO produces a weekly e-newsletter, the Falcon Express, which includes timely information from our school, Cherry Creek Schools and Grandview High School. To receive these important email updates, we encourage all families to choose YES (opt in) at the Parent Contact Information page during registration, ensuring that they'll receive both school announcements and PTCO information. If you missed your opportunity to opt in during registration, please send an email including your name to PTOFCMS@gmail.com and we will add you to our list.
Here are the Bylaws 2012